The Maxi Kick Scooter is the highest quality, best performing and hottest scooter for kids ages 5-12 of the season. The maxi has an amazingly smooth, quiet ride, even on urban sidewalks and it’s light weight, yet exceptionally durable construction is easy for kids and parents alike to see and appreciate.
The Swiss-designed maxi has a lean-and-steer mechanism that makes it unique and fun, giving kids the feeling of surfing the sidewalks as they curve and carve. The maxi can be purchased with T-Bar Steering or Pilot stick steering (or both)and both steering mechanisms are available as an accessory purchase if the rider wants to change steering styles at a later date
All scooters and kickboards made by Micro are of modular construction, which means that all parts are replaceable, so the maxi can, almost literally, last forever.
Who this scooter is best suited for
- Best performing scooter for kids aged 5 to 12
- If younger, aged 3 to 5, consider the Micro Mini instead
- Weight limit of 120 pounds
Here are some of the great features of the Maxi Kick Scooter
- The maxi’s 3-wheel construction and unique lean-and-steer mechanism combine for superior curving and carving, creating the feel of ‘surfing the sidewalks’
- The maxi’s Italian-made wheels, of highest quality PU, create an impossibly smooth glide, perfect for Urban, or Suburban, pavements.
- The maxi was engineered and constructed for superior durability – for kids in this age group, it had to be!
- The Maxi is the highest quality, best performing scooter for kids ages 5-12
- The maxi is very lightweight, only about 5.5 lbs, which makes it easy to maneuver and light enough to pick up and carry when need be.
- Weight limit 120 lbs
- Available is a variety of colors including purple, pink, black and lime green
The Maxi Kick Scooter has won several awards, including the prestigious Oppenheim Portfolio’s Gold and Platinum Award Seals for 2009, as well as the Oppenheim SNAP award seal. It also was named Best Scooter for Kids ages 6-11 by Toy Report. And, the NBC Today Show featured the maxi as part of its ‘Best Toys for Summer 2009’ series with Stephanie Oppenheim.
Here’s what one of the owners had to say abou the Maxi Kick Scooter
My son has always had difficulty with balance and the regular Razor scooter has been to difficult for him, basically killing his confidence in riding a scooter. We purchased a mini-kick first for our little girl, but our son was riding it (and he’s really too big). So, we decided to purchase the maxi-kick. He rides it all the time, and the neighborhood kids think it cool.
The design feature that I like best and makes it different from others is the two front wheel “lean and steer” feature and the back wheel brake. This has helped improve his balancing ability. It’s also extremely durable, but light-weight. Although they are expensive, I highly recommend this scooter. It has been a great confidence builder for our son and worth every penny. (A. Rathsack)
See more kick scooters by clicking here. The Maxi Kick Scooter is one of the hottest ones around for your kids, order one today.
This post may contain affiliate links for which I could earn a commission. This does not change the price you would pay.
Micro Maxi Kick Scooter
Easy to assemble9.8/10
- 3 wheel construction
- Unique lean and steer method
- Italian made wheels create smooth ride
- Available in a huge number of colors
- Solid construction
- Ground clearance of the deck board is very low